It gets so warm these two days and makes me craving sweet. Instead of soda or juice, I always like lemon ice sweet tea. I used to buy those lemon sweet tea powders and make a very high concentrated version. XD I always think it is the main reason for me to gain weight. Now, I still love lemon sweet tea in summer, but I don’t use powder anymore. I like making it with natural ingredients. Although it is better to make with fresh natural ingredients, I am too lazy to cut lemon every time, especially I only use few slices. To make my and your life easier, I have this recipe that I got somewhere online a long time ago.
What we need:
- Glass container with lid
- Lemon/Lime depending how much you want to make.
How we make it:
- Wash your glass container and air dry it nicely. We don’t want any water or dust in it.
- Clean lemons/lime with salts. It can exfoliate and clean any chemical on their skin. Rinse with water afterward.
- Slice lemons/limes as thin as possible.
- Add some honey in the glass container.
- Add a slice of lemon/lime
- Add honey on top of that lemon/lime. Make sure honey cover that lemon.
- Repeat Step 5 and 6 until the container is full or use all lemons/limes.
- Close container and leave it in the fridge for 3 days.
- And Done! Take any slice of lemon/lime and get some of those honey lemon liquid. Add them to your tea/water and enjoy!
- Try to not add those lemon/lime slices with a lot of white parts. Those white parts make the result taste bitter.
- On the next day of waiting, make sure mix the lemon and honey well. Most of the time, the honey will sink in the bottom.
- If you keep it neat and cool, it should able to last for a month. (At least)
- Lemon makes it tastes sweeter. Lime makes it tastes fresher.
- Lemon and lime will release juice/water, so leave some free space.
- Make sure honey covers most lemons/limes so it can keep longer. Mine here is not enough, but I finish them within two weeks so it is fine.
Isn’t it easy! I love adding chia seed in this honey lemon water and put in fridge overnight. It is so refreshing and helps me drink more water. Honey and vitamin C from the lemon and lime keep me healthy and energetic. Just make sure don’t add too much and drink too often. Honey is healthy but too much of anything can be unhealthy. Honey is sugar overall. Moderation is the key. 😉 I hope you like this, and have a great summer! For those of you who have winter now. You can add them in your warm tea too! They will keep you warm and have a nice throat for rest of the winter.
🙂 You can also reach me at: