Cherry Tomato Strawberry Grapes Juice/Smoothie – New Way to Eat Fresh Tomato

IMG_20170531_091807

I  hate fresh/uncooked tomato. I hate the taste and texture of it especially when it pops in my mouth. I always take the tomato out of my sandwich. After I grew up and learned benefits of tomatoes, I started forcing myself to eat fresh/uncooked tomatoes. I still hate it, but I eat any tomato as long as not a whole tomato. XD

I recently add cherry tomatoes in my fruit juice and slowly increase the intake of tomatoes. I used to eat tomatoes once a week or more. XD I think this can be a chance for children (like me) to eat more tomatoes too. I hope you will like this recipe. <3

What I put (In ratio):

• 5 Strawberry
  • 1 Cherry tomato
  • 3 Grapes
  • 1 Banana
  • Honey (optional)

Benefits:

• Vitamins that can give you healthier looking skin, hair, and body. (Especially good for eyes, bones, teeth, Blood Pressure, etc)
  • Antioxidant that can prevent cancer and help anti-aging.
  • Fibers that can help constipation and help weight-loss

Tips:

• Try to add 1 cherry tomato instead of following my ratio. I personally can’t taste it if I add banana since banana sweetness cover the taste of tomato.
  • If you like or don’t mind tomato, add some chia seeds in the juice. It is a good superfood. 😉 I keep thinking they are tomato seeds so I cannot add it. XD
  • It is better to use blender to make smoothie since we want to eat those pulp to get the most out of these fruit. (For fiber too)

img_20170531_091707.jpg

How do you like it? Are you going to try this recipe? I hope you will like it. I really like smoothie. I love using soymilk, almond milk, or regular milk. I love adding yogurt too. I mostly use banana or kiwi for fruit. Occasionally, I will drink fruit smoothie like this one or “Orange Grapefruit Lime Juice for Skin and Health” to have a energy boost. I think this is an easy way to consume certain amount of different fruits. What do you think?

♥ 🙂 You can also reach me at:

Instagram   ♦   Twitter   ♦   Facebook

Pinterest   ♦   Bloglovin

Sophie @ Blame Chocolate

June 3, 2017

Love the Pusheen cup! And this sounds yummy ^^

June 3, 2017

I love this cup! I want to know will Pusheen box include another cup in their summer box. XD This cup makes the smoothie more yummy.

Sophie @ Blame Chocolate

June 3, 2017

Hahaha I believe you 😜

Lee

June 1, 2017

I’ve been making a lot of smoothies lately but never thought to add tomato! I usually use kale or spinach. Thanks for this I’ll have to try it!

June 1, 2017

After my mom tried smoothie, she just uses whatever leave in the fridge to make it. This is one of the recipes XD

Lee

June 2, 2017

Lol sounds like my grandma!

June 3, 2017

lol she will be one

Lee

June 3, 2017

Awww!

Lia Wood

June 1, 2017

Hiya, great post! I nominated you for the Liebster award, just click my profile and it’s my most recent post, you deserve it💙💙

June 1, 2017

Aww Thank you very much for nominating me <3 I will check it out later (after work XD ). Love you sweetie <3

Lia Wood

June 1, 2017

Haha it’s alright! You are so lovely😊 Lots of love💙

Azra

June 1, 2017

Love that cup, it’s so pretty. Also, this smoothie seems really interesting, need to give it a try. xx

June 1, 2017

Try it 😉 Add or take out tomato base on your preference. If adding too much, you will think strawberries taste like tomato too. XD

Everything EmmZeeBee

June 1, 2017

That’s a really good idea to consume tomatoes if you don’t like them 🍅. I’m okay with the outside of toms but can’t stand to eat the seedy inside 🙈

June 1, 2017

I know right!? The inside are devils babies. I just ok with their skin. XD But don’t ask me to bite tomato. I hate that pop.

Lise

May 31, 2017

I love tomatoes but i dont know if i could mix them with fruits, but i think i could use them in a green juice/veggie smoothie! The recipe sounds good though. 🙂

June 1, 2017

If you like tomato seed, you can add chia seed in your smoothie. Their size and textture are so similar. I cannot have them together since I hate tomato seed the most. XD
      I don’t like sour taste in green smoothie. I like it bitter. I always think bitter juice can detox 1000% better. XD

Chia

Looks really healthy! I would love to try it too at home <3

May 31, 2017

I hope you like it 🙂 It is really yummy.

Siyana

May 31, 2017

I love tomatoes, especially on a fresh salad! But honestly, not as much to try them in a such combination 😀 It really sounds strange to me, especially with the everything else. And how would you even taste the tomato with one cherry… ahhh thank you for that post, you definitely managed to make me laugh 😀

May 31, 2017

lol I just don’t want to taste it at all XD XD I am not sure if it is safe to combine it with milk, and I am not a fan for veggie smoothie so I just mix it with fruit XD
      I am glad you like it. Try it with more cherry tomatoes. This fruit combination is great. I think you will like it. 😉

Siyana

May 31, 2017

I know tomatoes are fruits, but to me they are vegetables 😀 They go perfectly with cucumber, onion and white cheese. But I will be definitely intrigued if there is an ice cream option 😉

May 31, 2017

I like them with cheese <3 I just cannot eat tomato alone XD Let see if I will start liking them in future.

alisonluck

May 31, 2017

I think I’ll have to try this because I hate tomato as well! This looks delicious though!

May 31, 2017

Make sure add very little of tomato! I have a little bit more tomato in my smoothie today, and I take a day to finish it XD

AdashofJhaee

May 31, 2017

Adding it to the smoothie is a great idea maggie, your smoothie ingredients sounds delish 😋😋

May 31, 2017

I have some cherry tomatoes left in fridge so no choice XD

AdashofJhaee

😁😁

hoiyinli

May 31, 2017

“I hate fresh/uncooked tomato. I hate the taste and texture of it especially when it pops in my mouth. I always take the tomato out of my sandwich. ” — ME TOO!!

I can’t stand fresh, raw tomato. I can eat cherry tomatoes fine though, but raw tomatoes..hate the taste and texture. If the tomato is a bit cooked and sliced thin, inside a burger, I might be okay (depends on situation) but most of the time, hate tomatoes.

May 31, 2017

I hate cherry tomato too. I think it is worst than regular tomato. I really hate that “pop” XD XD
      Interesting that I love guacamole so much. I think as long as it is chop in very small pieces and cannot taste the seed, I am fine.

Comments