Yeah! I finally finish this Pure Vitamin C21.5 Advanced Serum, and ready to show the before-after comparison! Since I have used their original version, I include a short comparison too. So before my review, let me provide some basic information about this product. If you know this product already, feel free to jump to second half of this post 😉
This C21.5 Serum is the upgraded version of Pure Vitamin C20 Serum. As the names tell, it has 1.5% more pure vitamin C. This new version claims it has more rejuvenating effect with lesser ingredients (compare to the original version). This Vitamin C serum also claims it brightens the complexion and restores lost elasticity deep within the skin.
Here are the Ingredients:
Hippophae Rhamnoides Water (70%), Ascorbic Acid (21.5%), Sodium Lactate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Cassia Obtusifolia Seed Extract, Allantoin, Xanthan Gum, Ethyl Hexanediol
- Make sure use sunscreen in daytime
- Avoid using any products that contain high level of AHA, BHA (include Betain Salicylate), Retinal, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)
- It tingle. Try to use as little as possible at first few times of use.
- Some people said this serum brightens/even their skin tone & pigmentation and lessens blackheads.
Before & After
So this is the result after one full bottle. I actually have the worse skin time now since I am going to have my period soon. There are some pimples on my chin so please ignore them for now and just compare the scars on my cheek 😉 While I was using it, I thought it does a wonderful job to clear my new acne scars/redness, but it actually helps to clear my old scar too! I think it is working great since my old acne scars have been with me for 3 years! This is a huge plus for me since I bought this newer version to clear my acne scars.
I noticed my blackheads are more visible. I think it is because the vitamin C make the surface of clogged pores oxidize. It is not a bad thing since it reminds me to use clay mask 😄 I think I had pimples because I didn’t clean these oxidize pores on time. If you have oily skin and easy to have clogged pores, make sure you clean your face well.
And, I have to warn you guys that this serum oxidizes really fast! I made sure to close the cap as quick as possible, but it turns yellow after 1 month, and it is less effective when it starts turning yellow. I don’t know what I can do with this since I use it twice a day and each time I use 5 drops ( I want to use it up quicker). I think I will use a zipped bag to store this bottle next time. My skin have more blackheads after it turns yellow too.
By the way, I didn’t notice anything else beside brightening my complexion. Although it is the biggest reason I use it, I wish it can have more function. I am going to use other serum to rest my skin since vitamin C is an acid. I want to give my skin a break before using it to clear my acne scars again. I recommend everyone switch up products (AHA BHA) occicationly as well. We don’t want our skin get thiner and sensitive because of using acid everyday for few years.
Compare to the original version
This surely is less sticky and more gentle. (It still skicky and tingle) I still remember the pain I had when using the original version. Those stickiness made me think they are the reason for me to have more blacklead 😄 And I can’t stand for the pain (tingle sensation for some people) I am not sure if this works better on brightening complexion since I didn’t take before-after picture for the original version. I read some reviews that people think the original version do better job to brighten pigmentation. If you think you can bear the tingling and stickiness, I think you can try the original version.
Tips & Warnings for people who want to try this
- Make sure clean your hand with soap after applying. My nails turn yellow because I am lazy, and I use my finger tips 😄 (Or you can put on nail polish to cover 😄 )
- If the stickiness or tingle sensation brother you, try to use less amount or mix with lotion/toner.
- Really make sure use sunscreen if you don’t want this serum do the opposite (worser pigmentation)
- Make sure avoid using any product that contains acid or alcohol if you don’t want skin burn. (Vitamin C is an acid so it exfoliates your skin. It is also why it brightens your skin)
- Make sure check the manufacture date, and use it as quick as possible.
That’s it for my review.Those tips apply for other vitamin C skin products too. I hope it can help you 😉 and here is an affiliate link for the serum. (It means I will get small commission if you make a purchase through this link 🙂 )