BirchBox Unboxing (January 2017)

img_20170113_191818.jpg

Recently, I stay in my friends’ place for few days. I was so thankful for all the samples I got from past online shopping. I don’t want to use their shampoo and other skincare products, so I brought few samples with me. They are so useful and make my luggage so much smaller.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

I heard BirchBox is an affordable sample subscription box, so I tried it to store more samples in case I need them again XD Here is my first BirchBox in 2017.

img_20170113_192214.jpg

Although I probably won’t buy them, I like how they list the products and their full size price. Actually I try this box because I mostly focus on Asian beauty products. It will be a good chance for me to try different brands. So don’t mind me if I can’t identify they are from famous brand 😉 I customized my box to more hair care focus since I want to grow my hair longer healthier, and I am picky on skincare products. Also I don’t really put makeup on, so I chose to subscribe BirchBox after I read so many reviews about how they don’t give enough makeup product samples XD

These are the R+Co OBLIVION Clarifying Shampoo & Conditioner and Obliphica Professional Seaberry Serum. They are hair products. I really curious about seaberry. It sounds so yummy. I think I will store the shampoo and conditioner. I also think this serum possibly won’t last me 3 times XD I will try it when I have day off. Let see if it can make my hair smell yummy.

They are the bbrowbar Brow Definer – Cinnamon Spice (left), Odacite Black Cumin + Cajeput Serum Concentrate (middle), and Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream – Lavender (right). I think this brow pencil is little light for me. I have dark brown eyebrows. I will still use it. I think it may give me a softer look. For the serum, it said it is for anti-acne. I will try it on my acne when I have new one. I think it will be fine since it just contain organic black cumin, cajeput and vitamin E oil. I also want to try this shaving cream. I have never used shaving cream before. It is a good chance for me to try one. I heard it will make our shaving job smoother and safer.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Thank you so much for reading my short unboxing! I think most of the item are repeating for past boxes. I still like what I got from this box. Sometime full size products are waste if they don’t fit our own skin type. I like sample size, and I am collecting shampoo samples XD I hope next month will have more hair care products. After three to four months, I may switch mine to other focus, so I can try more different things 🙂

Thanks for reading again! Feel free to comment below. Do you subscribe to any subscription box? I will see you in my next post ♥

January 10, 2017
January 19, 2017

womenandbeautyblogger

May 1, 2017

The pimpl remedy looks great! 💕 Btw please check out my blog I have started blogging recently 🙃

May 1, 2017

Sure! Thanks for checking out my blog too <3

Habitstoglow

April 16, 2017

I wish there was Birchbox where I’m living… ): These products look wonderful!!

Love,
    Christabel

April 16, 2017

I hope so too 🙁 There are a lot of amazing subscription box ship to Australia too. If I have more budget, I will try more XD

mariiacano

February 16, 2017

I’ve been subscribed for about six months and I love it!

February 16, 2017

That is great! I am playing around my customization. Hope I can get less skincare or makeup products. Thanks for reading sweetie 😉 <3

mariiacano

February 16, 2017

Yeah, I never feel like customizations do much haha I’ve looked at the birchbox tag on ig and i feel like they send out the same samples to everyone just in different months. I hope you keep getting good stuff!

February 16, 2017

I notice it too, and there are some products I want to try. Hope I can get those XD

beckyscoop

January 25, 2017

Brilliant read! My latest blog is quite similar in topic! would love for you to give it a read x

January 26, 2017

Thank for commenting! I will check out yours <3

kabeeammara

January 21, 2017

Great box this month! I absolutely love Birchbox! If you do reviews on the hair products and there is a question about if these sort of products are related to you or something like that. If you keep selecting yes to that question for hair products you will get more hair goodies and Birchbox has a lot!!!

Check out my review on my page please and let’s follow each other!

January 21, 2017

O wow Thanks for the tips. I am more encourage to review on their site now. I am excited to get my next box now XD

kabeeammara

January 22, 2017

Super easy to do the reviews on their app too. I like doing it on there.

wandasncredible

January 17, 2017

I do not subscribe to any boxes but I have always been very curious. I agree with Living Out Loud. You do make this feel like a very fun and unique way of product testing. Blessings!

January 18, 2017

Thank you! I have tried few other subscription boxes. I was so serious at that time, so I got disappointed. Now I change my way of thinking. I just try those cheaper one. And I read other people review for their past box to decide if I should subscribe them. I am happy that you like my post. Thanks for encouraging me 😉

wandasncredible

January 18, 2017

yw….keep posting …your doing great and you have great content!

LivingOutLoud

January 17, 2017

I haven’t used a subscription box before, but it looks like a fun way to learn about new products. Maybe I will have to try it out! Have a Great week!!!

<3 Alana

January 18, 2017

Thanks for commenting <3 Actually I am not too into subscription box. I recommend to subscribe those cheaper one. If they are fail, you won't feel disappointed that much 😉 Wish you find wonderful one.

perpetuallybooked

January 17, 2017

I’ve found my Birch boxes to be hit or miss. For example, I keep getting dry shampoos, which I don’t use at all. I just wanted to say that two of your samples- The R + Co Oblivion and the Obliphica serum are two products that I love. I’ve been using the serum daily for about a year, it makes my hair super glossy and smells heavenly. I use the clarifying shampoo once a week and it a great reset for my hair, getting the product build-up out. Love them both!

January 17, 2017

I see. Actually I don’t know what I can do with dry shampoo either. Maybe use them when I decide to cut bangs? And you make me happy and curious to try them! I will keep them when I travel for sure now. They will keep my hair beautiful during travel <3 Thanks for commenting 🙂

natalie

January 17, 2017

This is so cute! Do you know if their samples are vegan?

January 17, 2017

hmm I think these I received are not. But I remember we can choose to receive vegan only products when subscribe to it.

natalie

January 17, 2017

Awesome! I’m on their site rn 🙂

artistbybeauty

January 15, 2017

You got some great things dear 🙂 🙂 Seaberry serum sounds really good <3 <3 Also I nominated you for an award https://artistbybeauty.blog/2017/01/13/the-versatile-blogger-award-awards/ 🙂 🙂

January 16, 2017

Thank you for nominated me! Love you. I will get into at after I get my new computer. My old one pass out and the new one should arrive tomorrow night or Tuesday morning XD

artistbybeauty

January 16, 2017

Your welcome 🙂 🙂 That’s ok. Yay for a new computer <3 <3 Love you too x x

JESS @PT CONTENDER

January 15, 2017

I don’t subscribe to any subscription boxes, but I love the idea of them! Maybe one day I’ll get my own :)) I am not big into make up either, and I think I’d do the same thing you did with focusing it on hair care. I am still figuring out how to keep it moisturized after moving to such a dry area!

January 15, 2017

Maybe start using hair oil? Or use hair treatment more frequently? Thanks for commenting <3

JESS @PT CONTENDER

January 15, 2017

Yeah, I have been experimenting with coconut oil & rosehip oil so far :)) Thanks for the recommendation! You’re welcome :))

seaandstyleblog

January 15, 2017

Subscription boxes are the best!! Really wish there were more in Australia to try haha 🙂 <3

January 15, 2017

True. I am looking at those UK subscription box too. Let see if they ship worldwide

AnnaMPark

January 14, 2017

I’m curious to see what you think about the Odacite cumin serum. I’ve tried other Odacite serums for acne and they were a bit drying.

January 14, 2017

You make me curious too. It will be interesting if this dries me out too since it contains oil only. I will make sure post something about it after I try it. Thanks for commenting <3

Comments